|Adivasi Mother, Orissa|
|Bonda Lady & Ornaments|
|a pottery village op the Kumbhar caste, Orissa|
|Demsa-the dance of the Gadaba tribe-orissa|
|Orissa - Kunduli Market|
|Kutia Kondh people at Ushabali village-orissa|
|dhuruba Orissa adivasi lady|
|Kundali Tribes Market - Orissa|
|Orissa - Adivasi Village|
|Basket Market Tribes Orissa - Chatikona|
|Bonda Lady, Orissa|
- Help and educate tribes’ people on their land and welfare issues. They need to learn that there is a life which is feasible for them to live with little support.
- One of the major recommendations I would make is an intervention of the craft and design to the tribes to develop and promote the art, craft and culture of the Orissa creating sustainable income, livelihood and training program. For this there is no need of such qualification however one need to cultivate skill and require team leading skill so they sufficient motivation and income generation could be implemented to the life of tribes. People who are creative may train local artisan in tribe area to work on specific design or train them to give a export quality of the product that is easy to sale. If anyone need more help to set up any project or work in Orissa or any other part that helps Indian rural or backward class to develop, you may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org (karnav shah) I would be more than happy to be volunteering or advising on it.
- Help to recognize individual skill of the local tribes and if it is sustainable and profitable make them entrepreneur and instead of making them dependent on such organization, show or team them how to access direct market or find client to sale or assist them to communicate with the potential client. For this group of people with the same interest needs to be gathering and make non-profit group. Remember I never advise to run an NGO as many times it loses its path in the middle seeing such personal benefits. However it is up to the group how they decide to move on. The concept of the NGO is good as long as involved people are unbiased and working to meet the objective.
- Encourage local Municipality, Businessmen, Industrialist or State government to organize independent or joint project that helps directly to the local tribes in the major area like education and health-care. Without education and heath, capable and progressive society cannot be built.
- Consider politics as your first right. It is not bad thing. If you say people in this area are bad then I would say it is because you are not a part of it. Be a part of it, represent the interest of your community and state people. Don’t just fight but fight till you get the justice. However one need patience and critical analysis for it.
- Negations with Maoist is necessary for the constructive action and violation by the security forces must be eliminated for this Chief Minister, Mr Naveen Patnaik should organize few hours (say1/2) weekly session direct for the citizen of the Orissa to hear their problem directly through video conference which will bring stress on the police force, security force and other activities to work ethically and it also gives opportunity to build an trust among the community. After all CM is for the people.
- International funder must ask and take possible answer for the amount that they fund to NGOs in Orissa for the welfare of Tribes or handicraft project. This is also applicable to local funder.
- Use RTI Act. That is Right to Information Act. Google it.
- I would not advise young people to come in direct conflict with police or powerful forces as times demand diplomacy and critical analysis in the environment of Orissa. Sometimes it is important to become a part of the system to change the system.
|Orissa - Adivasi Lady (I really liked the expression)|
|beside the entrance to the painting atelier in Raghurajpur, a village near Puri|
Paintings on the interior walls of the houses of the
Lanjia Saora people
at Rizangtal in Orissa.
|Hata Maniguda, a pottery village op the Kumbhar caste.|
|Dhaba (Typical Indian Village Restaurant)at Baligaon Wekly Adivasi market|
This article is Written by karnav shah who is also a social Entrepreneur working on various areas/Project/Research like craft,culture, community welfare, Livelihood, education and healthcare reforms among India rural and tribes artisan/Population. He is also involved in setting up some Independent social project that helps for the upliftment of the rural community and economy by income generation through handmade craft and art work and he is also applying creative and design intervention in rural area and tradition for the development of potential income generation ideas within the culture and tradition of the local tribes and Villages. He is also qualified MBA (Finance), Doctorate (Management) and Executive MBA (International Financial management-Global Degree). He has also worked in NGOs as a support worker and then Team Leader in Baptcare, Australia. Apart from his professional activity he is actively involved in social and political activities. He can be contacted on this email for any advise, project opportunity to simply Volunteering throughout the India On: email@example.com